For today's card I wanted to show you how to create embellishments using stamps from The Sewing Room and Floral Mannequins. There is a full step by step for this, so please pull up a chair and take a break for a few minutes.
- Stamp the ruffled ribbon from Floral Mannequins three times on to some 160gsm smooth white cardstock using Vintage Photo distress ink.
- Use a water brush to 'pull' the colour from the ink over each image. Leave to dry thoroughly.
- Stamp the ribbon again with the same ink, turn the cardstock over and stamp on the reverse in the same position. You want to achieve a 'double sided' ribbon for the faux bow. Easiest way it to measure up from the bottom of the cardstock on both sides, mark a line and then position the stamp on this line. Repeat the water brush technique and set aside to dry.
- Stamp the button from The Sewing Room three times using Vintage Photo and then water brush as detailed above.
- Add shade to the ruffled edge on the ribbons and around the buttons with a watercolour pencil and water brush this shading.
- When everything is dry cut out and then use a darker colouring pencil along the edges of the ruffles and round the buttons.
- To make the faux bow use the double sided ribbon you have stamped and bring both edges into the middle to form a bow shape. Glue together with wet adhesive. When dry cut a curved 'V' shape across the top and bottom edge to create a bow shape. Use a pencil, or similar, in the ends of the bow to help form the 'ears'.
- Glue two of the ribbon pieces together with wet adhesive. When dry attach the full strip horizontally on a folded 5" white square card, placing the join slight left of centre, with wet adhesive. Trim off the excess.
- To create the vertical ribbon cut the remaining ribbon in two so that when attached it looks like a full strip. Fix with wet adhesive, slipping the edges under the ruffled edge of the horizontal one and trim off any excess.
- Attach the faux bow over the join and the three buttons as shown.
- Finally add a wooden button, paper flower or similar in the centre of the bow and stamp the sentiment from the Amazing Birthday clear stamp set using a Versafine inkpad in Vintage Sepia.
I really enjoyed using these stamps to turn paper images into realistic looking embellishments. Hope that you will give this one a try and thank you for visiting. Don't forget there is still more fabulous artwork to come from the Design Team girls.