Pin It button on image hover

challenge blog link

Tuesday, 21 July 2015

Fly Free my pretty bird (by Debbie)

 
Good morning.
Two offerings from me today, the card is the first project I made with the stamps.
Well, actually the second. I started using the bird cages and wanted to create a display of the bird cages hanging and stamped around twenty onto card masking them as I went along. Although the idea in my head was good I could only see them cluttered when I stood away from them. It didn't go any further than the bin.
 
 
 
I stamped and masked the three cages and coloured with alcohol pens. I used one of the swirly bird tails to add a little detail down the right side with Antique Linen distress ink. The edges were distressed with a sharp blade and Antique Linen . The sentiment was added and I masked onto my favourite pale turquoise card.
 
 
 
I really enjoyed making this tag as it just flowed without a lot of thought. I stayed with two colours, Peacock Feathers distress ink and French Ultramarine archival ink. I wanted to give this bird some sparkle so I reached for the glitters and acetate. The bird was stamped onto the acetate with Stazon black and when dry I used a glue pen to add the glitter to it. The glue was drawn on in sections so I could differ the colours.
Thanks for visiting
Debbie

8 comments:

  1. Two gorgeous projects Debbie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card. Your acetate bird is fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the two offering today, both very sweet.

    I would rather like to see your 'failed' project too though - it's nice to see exactly where others think they've 'gone wrong' - often another person looking at it can see potential? Also, it can serve as a warning of 'what not to do' ! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the uncluttered look of the first card Debbie and the distressed edges in those nice neutral tones, and then the pretty blue tones for the tag, and such a great idea to stamp the bird on to acetate and add the glitter for lovely sparkle. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just gorgeous Debie, love the colours and your designs, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful CAS designs! Love the pastel colours!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are both gorgeous Debbie! A clean look (not necessarily simple!) is my own personal favourite style at the moment so these are right up my street. I always shy away from using glitter 'cos it gets eveywhere, lol, but your bird on the tag looks stunning!

    Hugs
    Lesley X

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!