Pin It button on image hover

Friday 22 June 2018

Birdcage Triptych (by Rachel)

Hello everyone, our regular Guest Design Team member Rachel is back with her final blog post this month. She has created a beautiful mixed media project for us this week.

Rachel writes:

Hello all! My third and final piece of inspiration for this month is a small triptych. I have used the following stamp sets in creating this piece: Birdcage Collage, A Little Bird Told Me, Rustic Fragments and Sunny Sunflowers.



I started by gessoing the triptych, then once dry, I stamped the Birdcage Collage and coloured it using a combination of acrylic paints and Distress Inks. Then I painted the gessoed surface with Distress Ink before stamping over it with a Rustic Fragment stamp. Next I prepared some card with Distress Inks and stamped and fussy cut some of the flowers, leaves and also a bird. I added these to the sides of the triptych and finally added the words 'a little bird told me'.


I hope you like this piece. Big hugs, Rachel x

A big thank you to Rachel, who will be back with us soon.


8 comments:

  1. Stunning piece of artwork, love it

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing home decor, this triptych looks great with the amazing CB stamps! Love the colours, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous piece of art work Rachel, gorgeous images and beautifully coloured, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty and love the colours Rachel with lots of interest on this triptych and love the fussy cutting of the flowers, leaves and bird. Beautiful summery colours too. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks all - you are very kind xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!