Pin It button on image hover

Tuesday 9 April 2013

Indian Design with Mixed Media (by Shirley)

Hello everyone,   I hope you are doing well.

I have another card today using the new Indian designs which I had fun creating with mixed media.  



I started with a sheet printed from the new Leafy Brocade printable.    You can't see it too well in this design as I've added layers of media, but it shows through.

The flower & small border are from Indian Textiles, the small Taj Mahal Silhouette stamp is from Indian Elephant and "Bliss" is from Artistic Affirmations.   If you would like to read the steps I took to create this design, they are included in my blog post here.

Please keep checking here as my talented team mates have lots of beautiful designs to share!

Thanks for stopping by and have a fabulous day!
Shirley

7 comments:

  1. Stunning design, gorgeous colours, love it

    ReplyDelete
  2. Greet combination of stamps and texture! Greetings, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really inspiring Shirley; Love the colours.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is gorgeous, love all the texture.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so pretty! Great use of all the different textures and techniques.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so gorgeous Shirley. Marvelous background and nice colors.
    lovely greet
    Marja

    ReplyDelete
  7. The sheen of your Harlequin pattern is glorious & gives a really exotic feel to this, especially when combined with the other elements. I love your selective use of black in the design itself & your matting with the same just finished it beautifully. I particularly like your stamping of that little border motif bottom left & top right - balancing each other beautifully.
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!