Pin It button on image hover

Saturday 6 April 2013

Indian Sunset (posted by Claire)

Good morning, Claire here with another card featuring the beautiful new Indian Textiles stamps, you can find them here. I wanted to create a brayered sunset scene so I set to with my Memento inks and brayer:


Memento inks are perfect for brayering and the colours are beautiful and clear, they blend beautifully too. For this project I used Dandelion, Canteloupe, Tangelo  and Ladybug for the sky. I tore some copy paper to create a mask for the hills and used Lilac Posies, Sweet Plum and Paris Dusk. I then brayered a little Paris Dusk all around the edges. I stamped the large Taj Mahal Silhouette with Memento Tuxedo Black and added some white highlights with an inksentials pen. I also stamped a few trees on top of the highest hill with a stamp from Terrific Treescapes

I've used a backing paper from the Leafy Brocade downloads and added some black organza ribbon and a little paper flower.

Have a good weekend and thanks for popping by
Claire xx

5 comments:

  1. This is stunning Claire, I love the colours and the sunset. The palace looks great with the white accents, it's great inspiration.

    Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning card, colours are beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is stunning Claire your brayering is fantastic and I love the colours in your sunset too

    Jackie x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the way your orange flower embellishment really brings out the sense of sunset & the use of the mauves really makes the whole 'pop' when combined with the black. Delightfully eye-catching.
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is an awesome piece of work! Beautiful~!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!