Pin It button on image hover

Friday 15 November 2019

Floral Collage (by Julie)

Hello, today I have two simple floral designs to show you.


My first card has been created with the Floral Grunge image. I started the design by stamping the flower stamp into the centre of my card and also onto a piece of copy paper. Colour the first design with Polychromus pencils and then cut out your copy paper image and place it directly over the image you have just coloured. You then need to choose some designs from Baroque Ephemera 1 and Ephemera 2 and stamp them around the card. The mask you have created will stop the main flower from being over stamped. Vary the ink you use for the background, between black and grey. The grey will make the image appear more distant and the black will highlight others and make them stand out. The Floral Grunge image already has ink splats in its design, but I have added a few more by dripping black liquid, spray ink around the card.


My second card has been created with the Movie Strip Collage and as you can see the overall design and masking is very similar to the first card. I have changed some of the background images, however they are still from Baroque Ephemera 1 and Ephemera 2 and I have stamped some of them with a sepia tone ink as well as using grey and black.

Thank you for stopping by. Please call back soon form more Design Team inspiration.

Julie xx

4 comments:

  1. Two gorgeous flowers Julie and the Ephemera stamps work beautifully in the backgrounds and I particularly love the way you have done the second flower. Two wonderful cards. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wouldn't call them simple, I would say very elegant and beautifully designed.
    Faith

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two wonderful pieces and the background stamping looks terrific x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!