Pin It button on image hover

Thursday 24 January 2013

Dancing Poppies (posted by Judith)

Hi Folks, here's a samples using one of the new clear heart stamps, Poppy Baroque Heart, combined with one of the stamps from the Pretty Poppies unmounted rubber stamp plate.

I make no secret of the fact that I love poppies, so it has been a real pleasure working with these stamps for this sample! I stamped some of the poppies across the bottom of the card, masking the images where necessary. I then coloured the background with Pan Pastels to create a hazy sky effect. I coloured the poppies with Distress Markers, and stamped and decoupaged an extra butterfly. I added a sentiment from the Artistic Expressions stamp plate to complete the background.

I stamped and coloured the poppy heart before glazing it using ultra thick embossing powder.




These poppies certainly help to make me think of warmer days, and chase away those Winter blues! Thanks for stopping by, Judith xx

10 comments:

  1. Ohhhhh I love this card wish I could see it IRL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love poppies too Judith and your card is gorgeous. You are so right that it reminds me of the warmer days to come

    Jackie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very splendid & I love the way the paleness of the PanPastels serves to make the reddish pinkiness of the poppies 'pop'. The gorgeous matting really helps to bring the colours out too & this is definitely one that would work for a man.
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautifull card again!!! I really love it!!!

    Greetings
    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic Judith, lovely and beautiful. Love it very much
    lovely greet
    Marja

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous Judith, poppies are my favourite flower

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beauty abounds in this card, Judith! What an outstanding job with coloring and layout! Hugs, Clare xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a glorious card Judith. Your colouring of the images is fabulous and I love the glazed heart.

    Hugs
    Lesley Xx









    ReplyDelete
  9. Love poppies and I adore this.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!