Pin It button on image hover

Monday 21 January 2013

Oriental Twilight (posted by Claire)

Good morning, Claire here with another sample featuring the fab new Eastern Landscapes stamps. Anyone who know me will tell you that I love creating scenic cards to these stamps are right up my street. For this card I've combined the new stamps with the lovely hanging lanterns from Lily Pad


I began by creating a background using shades of green distress ink (Forest Moss, Peeled Paint and Shabby Shutters) and then overstamped with the large floral branches stamp from Lily Pad.

The create the focal image I masked a large sun and created the sky with shades of blue and purple distress ink, adding splashes of water to create a cloudy effect. I then inked in the ground using more forest moss and peeled paint distress ink. I then used the reverse of the sun mask to cover the sky and inked in the sun using Mustard Seed and a little Spiced Marigold distress ink. I then used black soot to ink all around the scene. Next came the stamping, I stamped in the beautiful pagoda and the trees using versamark ink and embossed them with a black holographic embossing powder. I then stamped the hanging lanterns along the top and embossed with the same embossing powder. I also stamped the lanterns on some scrap card, coloured with distress markers and cut them out, layering them up on the focal image with silicone glue.

I hope you're enjoying all the new samples from my teamies and you're inspired to have a play with the new stamps. If your weather is anything like it is here in my little corner of the UK its perfect crafting weather
Thanks for visiting today
Claire xx

6 comments:

  1. Love this one :)
    Happy craftin
    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous scenery!! I really love it it makes our werd so romantic!!!

    Greetings
    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can see the sheen & the dimension of your wet embossing & I love the subtle vibrancy (!! contradiction in terms but that's artistry for you!!) with the glow of the sun bringing out the warmth in the mauves & greens.
    The background is a beauty.
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW Gorgeous creation Claire. Such a beautiful combination.
    lovely greet
    Marja

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is soooooo warm and beautiful! The colors are amazing! I always have trouble matching up colors with olive green, so you've helped me with that! Wow!
    Hugs,
    Clare

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!