Pin It button on image hover

Saturday 24 June 2017

Mica Butterflies (posted by Claire)

Good morning folks, Claire here with a card made using the beautiful Patchwork Butterfly stamp set and mica powders. I hadn't used mica powders for ages so I had a rummage in my craft room and got them out to have a play.
To make the background I've used black cardstock and stamped the beautiful swirls with versamark before dusting with mica powders. I stamped the pretty scene and the large butterflies on to black glossy card with versamark and again dusted over with mica powders to give a rainbow effect.

Have a lovely weekend and don't forget to keep popping back as my teamies have got lots of inspiration for you
Claire xx

10 comments:

  1. I love this card Claire. It is very striking. I have this stamp set and I am going to try to do something similar. X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Claire. Love your sample. Mica powders are lovely on black ,a technique I like alot. The background stamp works particularly well with them. Best wishes
    Carole

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Claire. Love your sample. Mica powders are lovely on black ,a technique I like alot. The background stamp works particularly well with them. Best wishes
    Carole

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely stunning Claire, love the colours on the black card, and the stamping is fabulous, love it Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is gorgeous Claire. I have these stamps and used the large butterfly yesterday. Thank you for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice! It's lovely to go re-visit something like this, I expect all of us are guilty of having far too many supplies so we don't get around to using them as often as we should :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love all the colours of the mica powders Claire and the swirls and then that pretty scene with the added butterflies all go together perfectly. The black cards shows the mica colours off beautifully. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh wow!! Amazing!!! Love this technique, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very pretty, Claire! I'll definitely have to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very pretty, Claire! I'll definitely have to try this!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!