Pin It button on image hover

Sunday 18 June 2017

Molding Paste Butterflies (by Julie)

Hello, lovely to see you. If you would like ideas for molding paste then I have two projects that use molding paste in different ways. My first is this pretty card stamped with the lovely Patchwork Butterfly


I started this card by spreading molding paste over the butterfly stamp and leaving to dry for 24 hours. Next I inked up the large decorative panel with green Versafine ink and stamped onto the square card blank followed by the lovely swirl design. I coloured the flower panel with brush markers and the card background is a mixture of Antique Linen and Old Paper Distress inks which I dabbed with a damp cloth to remove some of the colour. For interest I added highlights with paint pens in red, orange and white.
Once the molding paste has dried, carefully peel away from the stamp, colour with brush markers and mount onto the card with 3D glue gel.


As you can see my second project is a decorative box. The box I used had previously been used to hold tealights so was quite sturdy and perfect to up-cycle.
I started by painting the box and lid with blue and green acrylic paint. Once dry I mixed up some molding paste with the acrylic paint used to paint the box and applied it through the new butterfly stencils that Chocolate Baroque have just added to their range. Whilst the paste was still wet I sprinkled a fine crystal glitter and set aside to dry. 
To finish off I glued some green mesh ribbon around the edge of the box lid.

Thanks for stopping by and please be sure to call back again soon to see more Design Team inspiration.

Julie xx

7 comments:

  1. Great idea ! so beautiful result.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two fab projects and just love the card, so beautiful!!! Love the technique used for the stunning butterfly, I have never tried it! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oooo I love this Julie - really fabulous make xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both lovely, tfs. I think it must take a lot of nerve to cover a beautiful stamp with paste!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely stunning makes Julie, beautifully designed and coloured, I love the card fabulous texture and colours, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Two lovely makes and I especially like the butterfly on the first one, the colours are really lovely, lovely layout too. Sandra x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love both these creations Julie. The card is beautifully coloured and love the paste over the butterfly stamp. The box looks so pretty too and I love the blue and green which work well together. I do have a question, can you use any texture paste over a stamp or does it have to be a flexible one in order to get it cleanly off the stamp. x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!