Pin It button on image hover

Wednesday 14 June 2017

Butterfly Frame (by Rachel)

Today sees the first of three visits this month from our regular Guest Design Team contributor Rachel Fisher. She has created a beautiful home decor project for your inspiration.

Rachel writes:

Hello there! I am delighted to be here this month as GDT and have the first of my three pieces to share with you. I made this first piece for the May 14th TV show, so if it looks familiar, that's why.

I used Distress Inks and some of the stamps from the Show to create the background. I stamped the flourishes in tones that I had already used on the whole background. I then added this to the frame bought for £3.50 from a well-known store.

I used Distress Inks and pens to create the butterfly and fussy cut this before sticking it onto a pice of acetate. I stuck the acetate to the background, then added the rest of the frame. I was really pleased with the effect.


Thanks so much Rachel for a fabulous project. Rachel will be back next week, with more inspiration for us.


8 comments:

  1. Beautiful framed project Rachel, lovely butterly and gorgeous colours, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rachel, your project is gorgeous, the butterfly looks wonderful in the frame! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous Judith and I think the green background complements the butterfly beautifully. This would look great hanging on any wall. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fab background and butterfly, love the colours!

    ReplyDelete
  5. love the colours, gorgeous background

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous butterfly and fabulous background Rachel-looks beautiful framed
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! Such lovely, rich colours - it's gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!