Pin It button on image hover

Saturday 10 June 2017

Patchwork Butterfly Jewellery (posted by Claire)

Good morning, Claire here with a project made using the lovely Patchwork Butterfly stamp set. I love these stamps, they are so versatile.


To make the necklace and earrings I stamped the largest butterfly and the smaller coordinating butterfly on shrink plastic using Gold Stazon ink. I coloured the back of the butterflies with alcohol markers and cut them out. I punched holes for the jump rings using a crop-o-dile using the largest punch as the hole will shrink when heated. I heated the butterflies to shrink them, the largest one was flattened with an acrylic block but I curled the wings of the smaller butterflies while they were still warm. I added some beads from my stash to complement the colours of the butterflies.


I recycled a gift box to put the little butterflies in. I covered the box with some paper that I'd coloured with dye inks and mica sprays, crumpled and left to dry. I highlighted the texture with gilding wax and added some stencilling with gold texture paste. The butterfly was stamped on acetate and embossed with gold.

Thanks for visiting today, have a lovely weekend
Claire xx


7 comments:

  1. Love the Necklace and earrings x very clever and lovely make xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. The jewellery is stunning Claire, and the box using the crumpled paper coloured so prettily and the fabulous butterfly as the centrepiece makes this a fantastic gift.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Claire. A fabulous way to use these lovely stamps. You do make wonderful things.
    X Chris

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely stunning Claire, I love this beautiful setting and what a gorgeous gift box, you're so talented, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow!! Looooove these necklace and earrings!! Fabulous jewels, just perfect for summer!! The gift box is delightful, too! I have never embossed on acetate, thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So pretty - and the box is a work of art too :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous, and I love the gift box that you've made. Sandra x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!