Pin It button on image hover

Wednesday 24 August 2016

Countdown to Christmas? (by Lesley Ebdon)

Hello again,

Well, this month has gone by in a bit of a blur and I'm sharing my final project for this time round.  As always there is a step by step over on my own blog if you would like more detail.

As we are well over halfway through the year and Christmas will be sneaking up on us before we know it, I decided to create an MDF Christmas Heart.  I love making these and sometimes prefer to give them to close family or friends instead of a card, especially if I know what their Christmas decoration colour combination is.  All the stamps I used are from the Steampunk Christmas A4 set and as always, there are some beautiful designs.  I have used the poinsettia, snowflake tree and words sooooo many times on Christmas makes.


This project uses relatively simple techniques, mainly gold and silver heat embossing (always magical ;D) and just needs a little extra care and patience especially when using the snowflake tree to create the background.


I hope you've enjoyed my projects for this month and I'll see you again next year, lol!

Hugs
Lesley  Xx

6 comments:

  1. What a lovely project Lesley. I love the combination of silver and gold. The use of the stamp you have used for the background is smashing. So lovely to see your work showcasing CB again! Elaine xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely gorgeous Lesley, such a beautiful colour theme, wonderful stamping, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful Lesley, and the combination of stamps is lovely and I adore the gold and silver. x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!