Pin It button on image hover

Tuesday 5 March 2019

Oriental Mannequins by Penny

Goodly morning everyone, I hope you are all well.  I'm here with my first post of the month, a card featuring the Floral Mannequins  and the Haberdashery sets of stamps, some Distress inks, clear embossing powder and gold gilding wax.  

I began by  taking a piece of white card and stamped one of the mannequins from the Haberdashery set twice and embossed them with clear powder. I masked them both then created the back ground, blending Distress Inks onto white card.  I then stamped several worker stamps randomly over the card, using the same colour inks.




 I stamped and embossed the floral mannequins then painted them with Distress Inks and cut them out.  I removed the masks from the first mannequins and attached the floral  ones over the top with 3D foam pads.  



I took some black embossed card and added gold gilding wax, then attached it to a white base card.  I attached the focal panel onto the card.  On another piece of white card I stamped and embossed one of the lace images a couple of times, cut them out, then attached them to the card. I also stamped and embossed a sentiment tag, a thimble, a pincushion, and some cotton reel images.  I then painted them, cut them out and attached them to the card, adding some ribbon to the tag.



This is a lovely project to do and you can change the colours to suit your own taste.  I think this bright and cheerful card would suit a lot of occasions too.

Thank you all for dropping in today and taking the time to read this post, I'll be back soon with another project to share with you.

Take care,


                         xx Penny xx






8 comments:

  1. This is so lovely, great paperpiecing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is absolutely stunning! Loving the rich colours.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! Absolutely stunning Penny ,what a wonderful card with those fabulous colours and design, brilliant design ,Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so bright and beautiful Penny and love the way you have added the small stamps randomly across the background, and the prettily coloured mannequins look fabulous over the top with the wonderful stamped piece of lace and the cotton reels, pin cushion and sentiment tag, and that gold guilding wax on the embossing really makes it pop. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card Penny and I love the vibrancy of colour in your work here. Great background too, I love the contrast x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!