Pin It button on image hover

Wednesday 6 March 2019

mannequins (by Veronica)


 This month's stamps are the nearest I get to sewing!
My firsr sample has a brusho background, with several of the stamps randomly stamped using a orangey  ink pad, and buttons stamped round the edges. The two  body stamps were stamped in black versafine and clear embossed onto scraps of brusho card, cut out and glued on.
Card was edged with a black marker pen then added to a white card blank.








My second card started out with the buttons randomly stamped using versamark onto a piece of white card, clear embossed, then sprinkled with brusho in grey and lemon. I thought I had ironed off  the embossing once it was dry, but I obviously missed some - as I found when I overstamped the scissors and cotton reels! I sponged grey distress ink over it all very lightly to tone down the white. The larger dress  and the smaller  were stamped in black and clear embossed on white card, cut out and glued in place.

 The final card had a distress oxide background with plenty of water splats and the cotton reels and thimbles stamped in smoke and amber inks. I used the lace edging and the smaller lace comes from lace fragments set, both stamped in smoke ink across the card. The mannequins were stamped onto scraps of designer paper using black ink and clear embossed before cutting out - they were glued over the joins in the stamping.

There were some gorgeous samples on the show from the team, and I am sure they will appear on the blog during the rest of the month so keep your eyes peeled!




8 comments:

  1. Three gorgeous cards Veronica and I love all the backgrounds using the smaller items and in such pretty colours, and with the beautiful mannequins over the top...perfect! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great use of the mannequins and the little stamps!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are beautiful.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautifully designed cards Veronica, I love the colours, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty, all of them :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are all so pretty Veronica and I love them all but especially the colour tones on your last card. Great stamping x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!