Pin It button on image hover

Monday 27 May 2019

Autumnal Tag Art and Summer Garden - by Penny



Hello lovely Peeps, I hope you are all well and enjoying some lovely weather wherever you are.  I'm back with my second post for May, a couple of cards featuring some of the gorgeous and quirky house stamps from the April shows.


Autumnal Tag Art.

I have used stamps from the Acorn House, Trees A Crowd, and Tagtastic sets; sepia Versafine ink, clear and gold embossing powders, alcohol markers, Distress inks, and some ribbons from my stash.



I began this project by creating the tag.  I stamped the Tagtastic image onto white card with Versamark ink and embossed it with gold EP, and did the same with one of the 'holes'.  I then stamped one of the tree images in sepia ink and embossed it with clear EP.  I coloured the trees with pens and painted a background using DIs, then cut out the tag.  On another piece of white card I stamped the Acorn House in sepia ink and embossed it with clear EP.  I coloured it with pens and cut around the image, leaving a margin around it.  I blended ink around the edges then attached it to the tag with 3D foam.  I completed the tag with some ribbon and bakers twine from my stash.



I took a piece of Kraft card and stencilled some trees onto it using DIs.  I used a gold marker pen around the edges of the background panel and attached it to a white base card.  I then attached the tag to the card.  On a spare piece of Kraft card I stamped a sentement using brown DI, put gold pen around the edge and attached it to the card.





Summer Garden.

I have used stamps from the Garden House and Honey Bees sets, white embossing powder, Versamark ink, Distress Inks, and some Hessian from my stash.



I took a piece of Kraft card and stamped the Garden House image and the Bee Hive image using Versamark ink and embossed them with white EP.  I added a couple of Bee images then painted the images using Distress Inks.  I added white marker pen around the edges of the panel, then stamped and embossed a sentement at the top of the panel.  On a spare piece of Kraft card I stamped and embossed the flowers from the Garden House image, painted them and cut them out.  I took a cream base card and stamped a honeycombe image repeatedly around the edges of the card using DI.  I then used strips of Hessian from my stash, pulling out some fibres to create a fringe.  I attached it to the back of the focal panel with red liner tape, then attached the whole panel to the base card.  I added the flowers with 3D foam.




Thank you for joining me on the CBDT blog today, I hope you have enjoyed these projects - I certainly enjoyed creating them!

Take care everyone, I'll see you next month with more crafty fun,



                            xx Penny xx

3 comments:

  1. Fabulous creations, love the tag and the texture added with the gingham on the card

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Acorn House tag is very pretty Penny and the background trees on kraft card have been very cleverly done and look really effective, and then the Garden House goes wonderfully well with the flowers and beehive from the Honey Bees set, and love the hessian and the honeycomb stamped on the background and in such a pretty yellow colour which gives great contrast to the kraft card. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've done a fab job on both of these :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!