Pin It button on image hover

Wednesday 15 May 2019

Floral Birthday (by Pat)

Hello everyone, today sees the second post this month from our Guest Design Team member Pat. She has created a pretty floral card for your inspiration. 

Pat writes:

Hi everyone, I decided that after the more masculine card last week I would feature some flowers, and I chose the Floral Harmony stamp. I used Distress Inks, grey permanent ink, alcohol inks, and blending solution, clear and gold embossing powder, a piece of backing foam and cling film.



I stamped the image on to a piece of white card with the grey ink and heat embossed with the clear embossing powder, and coloured it with some Distress Inks applied with a water brush. I then fussy cut it out, but if this sort of cutting is not for you, then you can of course just cut round the outside edge leaving a narrow white border, and it will still look fine.

I cut a 2" wide strip roughly 7" in length and applied the alcohol inks and blending solution, and moved them around with a brush. I then covered it with the slightly scrunched cling film which when removed leaves a lovely pattern. When adding this, I cut the card down slightly to allow for the overhanging flowers and so there would be no problem fitting it into the matching envelope.

I then cut a piece of white card 6.5" x 3.5" and stamped a sentiment from the Paisley Elephant set and heat embossed with the gold embossing powder, and added the piece of foam to the back to raise it up before adhering this to the card. I finished by adding the flowers using glue gel to give more dimension.

Thank you for joining me today and I will be back next week with my last post for now, but I am looking forward to returning later in the year.

Best Wishes,

Pat x




3 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous Pat.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Fabulous card, love the alcohol inks background and your flower branch is just amazing!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!