Pin It button on image hover

Monday 14 October 2019

Beautiful Magnolia by Rachel

Hello there! Rachel here today and I would like to share my makes from the September shows - particularly those involving the magnolia from the Happy Flowers Day stamp set.

First of all my ceramic piece. Curved stamping surfaces are always more of a challenge but this large stamp worked easily on the vase. I stamped in ink which burns off on firing, then over painted in glaze and outlined in brown. I added the butterfly on the rear of the vase too.


This next card involved a gelli plate background that I created using inks on a 6x6 inch square gelli plate. I applied the ink with my brayer and played around with using the brayer to make 'mountains' at one area. Then I added some splats of water before pulling the print. Next I stamped the artists trading heart and the magnolia before colouring with water colour pencils.


This final background was made using pixie powders and a stencil before stamping the image and again colouring with water colour pencils. 


I do hope this has given you a little inspiration of ways to use your stamps!

Have a great day!

Hugs

Rachel xx

4 comments:

  1. These samples are beautiful Rachel, love the vase xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW your vase is gorgeous Rachel, I love your ceramic projects, and your cards too are beautiful, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that is such a beautiful ceramic painted piece Rachel, and then your two cards look so pretty using the ATHeart and then the stamp as is over the Pixie Powder stencilled background and both have a light bright look to them. Fabulous work Rachel. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awwwww.... Such fabulous works!! Your ceramic piece is stunning and awesome! Who could say that it has been stamped by hand? So elegant and sweet!!
    Love the cards, too, amazing colours and backgrounds for the lovely stamps!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!