Pin It button on image hover

Wednesday 24 June 2020

Katya, goddess of the sea(by Miranda)


Hello there,


Today is my 3rd and last guest post  for this batch. I did enjoy working with these lovely stamps.

A while ago when I just got the Katya stamp I was thinking to make her more versatile......leaving out her headdress, then she could be every lady you would like her to be.

And then I saw recently Judiths' lovely take on that too.......Oooh, I was thinking I can't do the same......In the days/years I was a member of the DT team it happened often that we had the same thoughts about a stamp then we used to say to each other ' great minds think alike' so with that in mind I started changing her.......trying to do something else......

I used the stamping tool for this, it will be easy using that. I only removed a part of her headdress. So it could also be a crown or decoration .....I wanted to do something with a sea theme so I changed her into a goddess of the sea.......IMAGINE........

I had an inky background in my stash and it was perfect for the colors I wanted to use...




First I did stamp Katya using Memento Londog Fog, it's a very neutral color and you can easily color over it with pencils. I left out the upper part of her headdress. I draw some wavy lines that could be her hair......Then I stamped and masked several of the large scalloped shell. And one tiny shell.......and at the right side the beautiful seahorse......

Then the fun coloring started using pencils.......I used Derwent color soft. And some highlights using a white acrylic marker.

I missed some structure so I added the square bubbles here and there using Memento summer sky. Than in the lower parts of the card I stamped the bubbles using Versamark and brushed some mica powders over it.....it creates a lovely shine(see photo's below)


I did use:
Underwater rubber stamp set-A5(seahorse and large scalloped shell)





Well, these were my ' adventures' with Katya, hope you did like them.
Of course I will be here again somewhere in the future.....(if life is not playing ball)
Thanks for your comments,

Stay safe and be creative,



5 comments:

  1. Another stunning version of Katya! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card. Brilliant idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Katya looks fabulous as an underwater nymph Miranda, and love the seahorse and seashells surrounding her. Such a versatile lady, and she could look different again with another layer of her headdress taken away. This is a stamp I would love to get, so definitely on my wish list as she has such a beautiful face with her rosebud lips. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love her as an undersea Queen, a Super card.
    Take care
    Faith x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really beautiful. Love your take on Katya. I must add that stamp to my wish list!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!