Pin It button on image hover

Wednesday 10 June 2020

With Love from Russia (by Miranda)


Hello lovely people,

It's been a while and I am happy to be here again! I have a few blog posts for you and this is the first one. I had this stamp for quit a while in my stash and I really had a good time playing with it......
When I need some inspiration I always look on Pinterest and this time I searched for Russian colors and patterns...... I came in Russian spheres......so this was my inspiration.....

And when you see these flowers and patterns.... CB has a lot of designs which would match perfectly ...


Russian folklore

I started with a Distress ink background and stamped 'Katya' using a light brown ink(Memento Peanut Brittle) so I did not have harsh outlines.
I masked her and stamped the 'Silhouette palaces' behind her using the same ink.
I did use the Masking Tissue from CB and I am really thrilled about that! It's the most great masking paper I ever did use! At the moment it is out of stock, but I really am a fan!

Then I took the lovely background panel stamp from the 'Paisley elephant' sheet. Also stamped that with the same Memento ink. I stamped it partially. And on the upper left side I did stamp a text from the 'Words of Wisdom' using a grey ink.

Then the fun part began.......coloring with my Derwent pencils.....indeed labour intensive but if you like to color then it is fun.....
When I was satisfied I used another stamp, the large 'crackle stamp '
for the finishing touch I used a white and black acrylic marker for some accents.


The sentiment is from a cling stamp 'Shared beauty'.





And here a bit of digital fun....Katya in different colors and styles.....
Well, I think she looks great in any color.....



Hope you did like my take on this beautiful stamp and if you are inspired..take out your crafty stuff!!
Next time I will show some other possibilities with this stamp.

Thanks for visiting and till next time,



8 comments:

  1. Absolutely gorgeous Miranda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wauw........weer zooohooo mooi Miranda.
    En ook heel sfeervol.
    Creatieve groetjes, Anja

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the inspiration Miranda and the way you have put the pretty Katya and the silhouette palaces with the other backgrounds stamps has worked beautifully to make one gorgeous card, and I love the colours too. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohh wat prachtig wederom Miranda. Je bent een waarlijke kunstenares. Dit is een genot om naar te kijken. Ik zou het ook zo mooi willen kunnen.
    Liefs Etty

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOWZER! I love the image stamped and digitally, a Stunning creation Miranda.
    Faith x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Schitterend weer. Wat ben je toch een groot talent.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning designs and your finished card is absolutely gorgeous x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!