Pin It button on image hover

Monday 8 June 2020

Tree of Hope (by Judith)

Hello everyone, I hope that you are all keeping well in these uprecedented times. Life is still very uncertain for lots of us, and I wanted to create a card with a message of optimism.

I started my project with a piece of kraft card, and stamped a large image from Trees a Crowd, using brown Archival ink. I added a little image from Sticks and Stones as foliage, using first and second generation stamping. I coloured the image using Koh-I-Noor watercolour pencils, and ran a waterbrush only over the first generation stamped images, as I wanted the colours in the other images to remain very soft. I added some colour under the tree to ground the image. A sentiment from Patchwork Landscape was perfect for this card.

To create a border, I ran the edge of an old credit card through the inkpad, and drew it along the card at various angles around the edge of the background. I added some shading with Rusty Hinge Distress Ink.

Thanks for stopping by, and take care,

Judith xx

3 comments:

  1. Gorgeous, looks lovely on the craft card. Creative Blessings, Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful design idea Judith and the little bubbles in the different colours add such pretty foliage to the tree, and looking great on the kraft card. Take care. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. A super card and a great sentiment. The sentiment is simple but it says so much x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!