Pin It button on image hover

Wednesday 20 July 2011

Forest of Christmas trees by Debbie


I usually start my Christmas cards in August so that I'm not last minute churning them out. I've been working (playing) since the beginning of June. I like to have an idea of which I can make in multiples.

The base card is an A4 cut in half, scored along one edge so that it can be opened. Two holes were punched and ribbon tied in a bow to join the two pieces. I coloured the tree stamp from the Christmas Decorations set with different shades of purple. Stamp onto the background three times then stamp another three that are cut out and fixed using foam pads. By varying where you put the inks on the stamps helps make them look different and Waterfall Stickles adds a little bling.

The forest of trees was mounted on purple card and stuck onto paper from Spirit of Christmas papers which will be available in the Printable Downloads section of the website soon.

The Design Team will be posting some more lovely cards this week so keep popping in for ideas.

Debbie

6 comments:

  1. I love this card Debbie - super colour and a great idea with the trees.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card Debbie and a perfect colour choice.
    Hugs
    Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Debbie beautiful. I also start with the Christmascards in august. But these trees are fabulous.
    Greet
    Marja

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful classy card, love your background paper too

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very classie card! Such a useful stamp set! ikki

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!