Pin It button on image hover

Saturday 8 February 2014

Mackintosh Bride (posted by Claire)

Good morning, aren't this months new stamps stunning? This is my first sample using them and I both Mackintosh Beauty and Mackintosh Windows to make this card (you can find them here)


The image is stamped with Memento Tuxedo black ink and coloured with Graph'It Markers, I've added a little stickles to the centre of the roses and some faux gems in the corners. I've distressed the edges and layered the image up on black card. I added the lovely rose heart from the Mackintosh Beauty set, again coloured with Graph'It Markers.


The background was made with distress inks, I used Spun Sugar, Evergreen bough and a little Iced Spruce. I used tiny amounts of ink on my blending mat and spritzed with lots of water to get a very muted background. Once this ink was dry I overstamped with some of the Mackintosh Windows, stamping very lightly to give a hint of the design here and there. I've gone to town with lots of lace, ribbon, some rolled ribbon roses and some pretty bead string from my stash.


I decorated the inside to match, but kept to a very subtle colour palette, I made this before the new sentiments were released so I may have to make another, I really enjoyed making this card as these stamps are so pretty. I even decorated a box to match

Thanks for visiting today
Clairexx

17 comments:

  1. Wow this is gorgious , love the softcolours and the contrast of the hair with the other colours, the hart is vey nice in the whole picture too!!! Great stamping work!!

    Greetings
    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just gorgeous Claire,fabulous colours.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. stunning work Claire - really beautiful stamps x

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the soft colours, great background - just gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just love the colours on this card.It is so delicate.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful work Claire, really showing how wonderful the stamps are, love the sentiment inside the card. Rhian

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your muted background is delightful with the way you have overstamped it using the Glasgow windows & I love the way your pearly embellishing echoes the bead strings on the image. Your inside is very classy & striking with the muted tones in keeping with your front. I particularly like the way your sentiment covers part of the image.
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete
  8. The more I see of these stamps, the more I think I have to save for them! Beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a gorgeous card I love it it's so pretty
    Jackie x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is stunning! I love the image and the layout of your card. The inside of the card is gorgeous too, love the verse.
    Hugs
    Linda xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Stunning card! I love the soft tones you have used, and the inside of the card is superb. Love Helen

    ReplyDelete
  13. This card is absolutely adorable, and fits perfectly to the style of the stamps!! Very gorgeous!! Coco x

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a gorgeous card with this lady who I think is my favourite of these stamps, and such beautiful pastel colours with that lovely colour hair. I also love the muted background with just bits of some of the other stamps. The pink ribbon and black lace give the whole card a little more depth, and then the pink rose with the pearls is a lovely finishing touch. The inside is just as interesting as the outside.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful, so delicate and soft, perfect for a wedding and so different to any of the others we have seen, love these stamps more and more, thank you for sharing x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very pretty and love how you've coloured her in and also matched colours in different elements on your design

    ReplyDelete
  17. The stamps this month are just blowing me away. This card is so lovely.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!