Pin It button on image hover

Monday 10 February 2014

Mackintosh Flower Panels (by Debbie)

For my card today I used one of the panels from this months Mackintosh Windows stamps.
This is a 6 by 6 card and was an easy, quick card to make. I started by stamping onto white card with Versafine then heat embossed with clear powder. The flower heads were coloured red with Alcohol pens, trimmed and mounted onto black. I didn't think that ribbon added the effect I wanted to the base card so I cut strips of black card and cut a few squares to add to the corner. I didn't add a sentiment as I thought I could give it to my hubby for Valentine's Day or his birthday. Many thanks for visiting, Debbie

13 comments:

  1. Such a gorgeous card,love the design and what you have done with the stamps.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely card, very Mackintosh feel to it

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the weaving effect of your strips of paper which reflect the Mackintosh style so well, as do your little squares. The effect of the bottommost panel crossing the paper strips adds such lovely interest. The elegance of this whole design is very striking & I agree it's perfect for a male Valentine's Card.
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow this is beautiful and l love the red and black I colour scheme I wouldn't have though of using with these stamps but it looks stunning
    Jackie x

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful colours - can't wait to play with my stamps xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love black white and red together. This showcases the flower panels beautifully, it looks so dramatic!
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Another cracker Debbie, fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the strong colors you´ve used! Super to see a totally different look with these stamps again!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card. Love your design.
    Thanks for showing Anneke.
    www.annekescardart.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. The background using the strips of black card and the little squares definitely adds to the Mackintosh feel of the card. I also like the repeating stamped image across the card. The red and black is great with a Valentine in mind.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous, absolutely gorgeous, I think any man would be happy to receive this, thanks for sharing x

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like how you cut your black strips of paper. It really adds a nice touch. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I don't often use red & black together but you've inspired me & I should experiment with them more often

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!