Pin It button on image hover

Wednesday 12 February 2014

Pink Lady (posted by Judith)

I have always been a fan of Rennie Mackintosh, and so I have really been enjoying working with this month's stamps. The designs are just so reminiscent of that period.

I have made a card using the Mini Echoes template from Crafter's Workshop. I coloured some texture paste with acrylic paint, before spreading it over the template onto black card. Once it was dry, I added a deeper colour to create some shadows. I stamped the main image onto a die cut, which I have actually used upside down because it fits the design perfectly this way! I have coloured the image with pencils. I have added a sentiment from the Mackintosh sentiments clear stamp set.


Like me, I am sure that you are enjoying these gorgeous new stamps, and the fabulous artwork that my Team mates have been showing you. Thanks for stopping by, Judith xx

14 comments:

  1. just beautiful - I love the way the colours from the background are echoed in the image xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful,fab image and background.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this stamp set. Your background is stunning. Awesome colouring of your image.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a beautiful card Judith - I am going to try the techniques you describe

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love to see how these stamps let anyone on the DT use some colours you don´t see often! This is a beautiful card! And I love the colours! Have a creative day, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a brilliant matching of TCW template, Tim Holtz die & CB stamp to make a coherently integrated design. I love the way you've coloured the roses to echo your texture paste colour & the way that your greens draw the eye to the image panel. A quite stunning design incorporating striking movement.
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a stunning design Judith,really striking. I love the addition of the colour to the texture paste against the dramatic. black background and the added ink shading adds even more depth. The use of the die cut upseide down is inspired and frames the beautifully coloured main image perfectly. A really lovely composition. Elaine xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Another gorgeous creation from the beautiful stamps, love that background too, thanks for sharing x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous! I love the image and the background is stunning!
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful, I love how you coloured the image.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the colours and the design of this card very beautiful, thank you Judith! Coco x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous and different to look at well designed x

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the texture paste background which has been coloured with a darker shade to give shadow and the beautifully coloured main image complemented by layering on a die cut which echoes the shape of the topper. These are beautiful colours brought out by the black card. x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!