Pin It button on image hover

Tuesday 10 July 2018

A Burst of Colour (by Judith)

Hello everyone, I am back to share more of my prickly projects with you today, featuring the stamps from last month's TV shows on Hochanda.

To create my first card, I trimmed two pieces of drawing cartridge slightly smaller than A5 in size. I sprinkled Brushos over one piece of card and spritzed the card with water. I then placed the second piece of card over the first, to create two coloured backgrounds. I left both backgrounds to dry. The second background will be useful for a project at a later date.

I stamped three of the images from the Scrumptious Succulents stamp set onto the background, then covered the images with masks that I had already stamped and cut out. I stamped two more images in between the masked images and then drew a line between all of the images to create a landscape, using a fineliner pen. Using the Square Bubbles stamp, I stamped below the landscape line using second generation stamping. The stamp creates a stone effect, which is perfect for the cacti to stand upon.

I used the same colours of Brusho powders to colour the cacti images, adding a couple of additional colours, (red, orange and yellow). I sprinkled a little bit of each colour onto a large acrylic block, but you could use your craft mat, and added a bit of water to them, so that I could use them like watercolours. More water creates a paler colour, but you can then go over the images with a bit of stronger colour to add shading. You can be as creative as you like with the colours, I had a lot of fun creating a vibrant fantasy collection of cacti. I then painted the little stones in the same colours, being completely random. I added a sentiment from the Blossom and Grow stamp set.

My second project is full of colour too. I wanted to create a lovely sunset, and stamped the tall leafy image from the Blossom and Grow stamp set a couple of times first of all. I masked the images and masked an area for the sun, then coloured the background with Distress Inks. I chose vibrant pinks, oranges and yellows, blending them, and adding a spritz of water.

I stamped some foliage from the Wild Meadow and Silhouette Grasses stamp sets, using coloured dye based inks. I added the little birds from Landscape Edges and a sentiment from Scrumptious Succulents. I removed the masks and coloured the foliage with pencils.

I hope that you will be inspired by my projects to try out some of these ideas. Thanks for stopping by,

Judith xx


6 comments:

  1. Wow! Such fabulous colouring, so vibrant!!!Amazing cards!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the artwork that you used for these cards. You are very talented at sketching, thanks for the share, love checking out your blog. Hope you have a nice rest of your week, keep up the posts.
    World of Animals

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are stunning Judith, love the beautiful backgrounds and stamps.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely stunning card Judith, wonderful designs and colours, Kate x x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely, vibrant colours - love 'em both :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Two beautiful bright cards using these fabulous new cacti and succulents Judith, and the Brushos make a great background and complemented using them to colour the images with too. The grasses you have used as a background in the second works beautifully with the foliage stamp and love the scene you have created with the birds and the sentiment stamped over the sun, a really great idea. x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!