Pin It button on image hover

Wednesday 11 July 2018

Inspire and Create by Penny

Good morning everyone, I hope I find you all well and keeping cool! I am loving this weather  but I am also careful to spend time in the shade and keep hydrated.  I'm doing all my crafting in the garden at the moment  :)  
I have a piece of mixed media for you today featuring the beautiful Captivating Cacti stamp and some of the words from Bird of Joy  I have also used some clear texture paste and a stencil from my stash, and some gilding wax.



I began this project with a greyboard substrate and painted it with black gesso.  When dry I stamped and embossed the beautiful cacti image in gold, then painted it with pearlescent paints.  I took a stencil from my stash and some clear texture paste which I added through the stencil to create a textured background.  I left it to dry naturally before rubbing gilding wax over it to accentuate the pattern.  I edged the art work with a gold pen.



I then took a piece of white card and stamped the words using black Versafine ink, and embossed them with clear powder.  I die cut the words into two panels, one an oval and one a banner, and attached them to the art work in 3D.  I punched two holes at the top of the panel and threaded Baker's Twine through them to hang it up by.  A lovely little wall hanging to cheer up any room  :) 

Thank you so much for dropping by today, I hope I've inspired some of you to try a bit of mixed media yourselves. 

                                                                          Penny  x

6 comments:

  1. Wow!! Amazing mixed media card, love so much the use of the clear paste and the way you coloured the cacti flowers!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a stunning piece of work, I love the colours you've used and the fabulous background, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning work Penny, adore the background and luscious colours.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. So bright and pretty and the black gessoed and texture paste greyboard makes a good contrast to the bright pearlescent paint you have used on the cacti Penny. A beautiful project. x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!