Pin It button on image hover

Monday 2 July 2018

Happiness Within Nature by Penny



Hi everyone, it's my turn to share a couple of my samples from last months shows.  Can you believe it's July already?!  Where IS this year going?  Anyway I hope you are all well and enjoying the 'heatwave', on which note my first card has something of a hot, dry theme to it.

The Happiness Within.




For this card I have used stamps from the Blossom and Grow, Captivating Cacti,  Scrumptious Succulents and Large Crackle Background sets, Distress Inks,  gold embossing powder, and Masking Tissue.



I stamped and embossed a couple of images in gold onto a piece of Drawing Cartridge and masked them.  I then blended inks all over the card in colours that would convey a hot, dry enviroment.  I stamped the Large Crackle randomly around the edge of the panel giving a kind of 'cracked earth' effect, and added a sentiment.  I then removed the masks and painted the images.  I matted the focal panel onto dark card, stamped and coloured a single flower in each corner of a white base card before attaching the focal panel to it.


5 comments:

  1. Wow!! Amazing! Love the warm and soft colours and the gold embossing!! Great use of these wonderful stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are gorgeous Penny.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely gorgeous Penny, wonderful colours and design, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  4. The gold embossing works perfectly for 'sandy-type' plants, it's gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!