Pin It button on image hover

Tuesday 24 July 2018

Mixed Media Flowers (by Judith)

Hello everyone, I am back with my final shares for the month showcasing the fabulous products that we featured on last month's TV shows on Hochanda.

I have a real mixture for you in this blog post; my first project is a fabric covered coptic bound journal that I made myself. I had already made the journal just prior to receiving the stamps, using a lovely vibrant fabric. I decided to add a fabric panel to the front of the journal, and I stamped the floral spray from the Blossom and Grow stamp set using Plum Archival Ink. I painted the image using watered down acrylic paints. The sentiment was from the same stamp set, and makes a brilliant statement for a journal cover.

My second project was created using lots of the Little Birdie products available on the shows. I used a piece of cork for my background, and then painted a large portion with Faded Denim paint. I added some of the Crackle Medium and then painted Tattered Lace over the top. I let each coat dry before adding the next. These are all from the Chalk Paint and Crackle Kit.

I stamped several of the foliage images from Blossom and Grow, which I coloured with pencil and cut out. I then combined these with some of the flowers from the Little Birdie Grey Sky range. (Camila and Serenade). I also added a piece of hessian from my stash. To help everything coordinate, I dry brushed the flowers, hessian and seed heads with some of the paint. Once I had adhered everything to the cork background, I placed the background into a small deep frame.

Thanks for stopping by,

Judith xx

6 comments:

  1. Adorable both and especially love the framed mixed media, such wonderful floral piece of home decor!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two gorgeous pieces of work Judith. The journal cover is so bright and pretty and the Hollyhock stamped on to fabric and coloured with the acrylics has worked beautifully, and the beautiful flowers and added stamped foliage looks wonderful backed by the cork and hessian, and the dry brushing over the background and on to the flowers gives it unity, and the deep frame is just perfect. This is a great home decor piece. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are gorgeous Judith, love the mixed media frame.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Judith, lovely creations! Both different but beautiful, xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful projects Judith, beautifully created, Kate x x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!