Pin It button on image hover

Monday 10 December 2018

Heartfelt Anniversary (by Pat)

Hello everyone, today sees the first of three posts from our Guest Design Team member Pat Moore. Pat has created a very pretty anniversary card for her first post.

Pat writes:

Hi everyone.

It's good to be back again as part of the Guest Design Team with this anniversary card for which I used the Fluttering Hearts set of stamps, gold embossing powder, a stencil, some Distress Inks and a sparkle pen.

I started by stamping four of the hearts from the set and heat embossed them using gold embossing powder. I then fussy cut them out omitting the bird which sits on top of one of the hearts, as I decided on this occasion I didn't want it. I coloured them using blue and purple Distress Inks applied with a waterbrush, with the addition of just a little green. When dry I added some sparkle to each one.

I then made the background by applying the same blue and purple Distress Inks to the stencil itself, spritzed with water and turned face down onto a piece of white card, leaving it for a few seconds and mopping up any excess ink before carefully lifting it away. If the coverage is not to your liking you can re-ink the stencil and repeat, but luckily this worked well first time.

I cut the background and also a slightly larger white mat using some pierced rectangle dies and added these two layers to the 7" x 5" card. I then added the hearts as you can see using some dimensional glue gel and stamped a sentiment and heat set with the gold embossing powder.


Thank you for joining me today and I'll look forward to seeing you again next week.

Best Wishes,

Pat.

8 comments:

  1. Hi Pat. Your card is lovely, I like the colour combination and the background is very effective. Look forward to your next project. Best wishes
    Carole😊

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card, love these stamped hearts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a beautiful card Pat, I love the colours and the pretty hearts. It makes a wonderful Anniversary card, Kate x x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous Pat! I love the background.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. So beautiful with the perfect romantic feel for an anniversary card x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your card Pat, your your background is great and I love the colours you have used.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I must have missed this stamp set. Checked it out and it’s beautiful like your card.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!