Pin It button on image hover

Sunday 30 December 2018

Two Ways To Be Kind (by Julie)

Hello, I hope you are all preparing to get your new year underway in style and surely there is no better way than to Be  Kind. This is the name of the lovely floral stamp I have used in both of my cards today.


For my first card I have teamed the stamped image with My Floral Soul designer papers.
I stamped and embossed the Be Kind image onto one of the designer papers and then cut around the edge of the petals with a craft knife. You just need to cut enough of the petal so that it stands out from the main image and not cut out completely. I used a blob of 3d glue gel behind each petal to maintain the raised effect.
Once you are happy with the petal cutting, cut out around the whole image and mount onto black card-stock, then mount your cut out onto another page of the Floral Soul designer papers.


My second card is a similar design to my first, however the background is Distress ink and then the Floral Grunge flower was stamped over the top with grey dye ink. I cut the sentiment from the bottom of the Be Kind stamp so that it was easier to use separately and stamped it randomly across the background with black dye ink.
The main image was stamped and then coloured with polychromus pencils, before cutting out and mounting onto black card-stock.

Thank you for stopping by and please call back for daily Design Team inspiration.

Julie xx 

5 comments:

  1. I love the way the black card stock contrasts and brings out the colours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful cards, the second one feels very 'restful'.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are beautiful!
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing both the interpretations, love this stamp!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love both cards Julie. Thank you for sharing these.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!