Pin It button on image hover

Saturday 1 December 2018

grunge and brusho

 Good morning everyone, if you have seen Nikki's guest designer posts then you will have had your appetite whetted for this month's DT offerings!
So as not to disappoint anyone here are my brusho offerings - and yes, I can do a card without brusho......I just love the random effects of the stuff!
I used the lovely floral grunge stamp, perfect for brushos, though I am sure Sue didn't  design it deliberately.....
The first one was stamped with versamark and white embossed before sprinkling black brusho all over and spritzing with water. Once dry, torn edges, mat onto black card, then onto a white sqaure blank card - done. A very quick card, takes longer for the brusho to dry than for anything else!
 My second version took a bit longer, started out the same with white embossed image. Then I carefully sprinkled grey brusho round the image, and activated it using a wet paintbrush - you still get the random colour effect, but only where you want it. Once dry,I tapped off any excess grey powder before sprinkling the flower with orange brusho and activating it the same way.
Torn round the edges again, double mats of black and orange and mounted onto a white square card blank.
I almost always do my cards without any sentiments, then they can be used for almost any occasion, that and brusho are my main crafting perversions!
There were some fantastic samples on the TV show, so keep checking, my teamies will be keeping you inspired this monthm, that's for sure!





7 comments:

  1. Wow!! Great use of brushos!! Love your makes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning. They look backlit, ghostly and ethereal.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely stunning cards, the design and colours are gorgeous, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are stunning Veronica.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are gorgeous Veronica, and the first has an ethereal look as though the flower is looming out of the background, and the orange is so bright and beautiful on the second and both have great contrast with the darker background. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cool - love the first one especially.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh, these are both stunning ❤

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!