Pin It button on image hover

Wednesday 27 May 2020

Autumn Notice Board (by Carole)

Hello everyone, today sees the last project this month from our Guest Design Team member Carole Cann, she has made a brilliant project to inspire you and will be back later in the year.

Carole writes:

Hello everyone.

This is my last project for this GDT session. Hope you like the idea.

I have found this item very useful in my household, for leaving quick messages for my husband and vice versa.
Sttamps used: Mellow Fruitfulness and Autumn Poppy
Distress Inks, Versafine, laminator, Whiteboard pen.








I coloured my backgrounds with different yellows, oranges and red, then spritzed it so the colours bled and left a speckled pattern.

The top section was stamped with black and clear embossed to give it more depth.
Some areas were then coloured with water colour pencils and highlighted with white pen.
I then cut it to the required size and trimmed the other two sheets similarly.

These were then overstamped with various designs on the sheet with Smokey Grey Versafine. If you want it bolder then use black.

Once completed they were laminated too. I used my old Cropodile to put the rings on and joined them all together with wire loops.
You could tie them together with fine ribbon, which would look pretty too.
I didn't have any jump rings big enough, so I wrapped my wire around the handle of a paint brush to make oval jump rings.
The back of the sheets were decorated too.

You can write on this with the whiteboard pen and then rub it off easily when finished with the message.

Hope you have enjoyed my projects as much as I enjoy looking at what you are all making, and happy crafting.

Stay safe,

Carole.

2 comments:

  1. This triple hanging message board looks great Carole and love the way you have coloured and decorated it with fruits, toadstools and poppies, also I see some chinese lanterns, and laminating it to use a whiteboard pen is just perfect. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fabulous. I'm a great fan of Autumnal colour palettes and this is perfect. I've recently bought the Autumn Poppy set of stamps, so I find your artwork here really inspirational. It's also a great idea to laminate your artwork so that you can write notes on it, I'll definitely be having a so at something similar. Sandra x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!