Pin It button on image hover

Monday 25 May 2020

Mica Powder and Rice Paper (by Sandra)


Hello
I'm sharing a couple of projects with you today.

My first uses the Cala Lily Blueprint set. I stamped the image onto some black, glossy card with VersaMark and then gently brushed on different coloured mica powders with a small, soft brush. Once all the ink was covered I was able to buff with a soft tissue.



My second piece, I stamped one of the images from the Freesia Blueprint set onto rice paper.  I coloured the flowers and added some crackle from Echoes of Italy. I then used gel medium to adhere the rice paper to a wooden block. Once it was dry I added some Distress Ink to the edges.


Thanks for looking and stay safe,
Sandra x

5 comments:

  1. Two beautiful creations Sandra, and I love the gold mica on the shiny black card and then the rice paper on the wooden block, another great technique, and both the freesia and cala lily are such pretty stamps, definitely on my wish list. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both lovely and both totally different. I love how you can see lots of delicate colours against the dramatic black background on your first card and the chalky look of your second piece. Lovely work Sandra x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!