Pin It button on image hover

Monday 19 October 2020

Alliums and Lights

Hello I'm sharing a couple more cards from the Hochanda show in September featuring the 2nd series of Blueprint stamps.

My first card uses the single Allium flower from the Allium Blueprint set.

First, I stamped the Allium onto some Masking Tissue and cut out the image as close as I could.
I coloured a piece of card with a water colour wash.
I then stamped onto the centre of  my card and used the mask to cover it.
I then stamped each side of the masked flower ensuring that the stems were at the right angle for a vase.
I removed the mask and coloured the flowers with water colour pencils. I then added the vase which I cut from some patterned paper.
I finished with a label from the stamp set, and layered onto a card


For my second card I used Distress Inks to make the background.

I stamped the lightbulbs from the Lupin Blueprint set with Versafine and I stamped an extra one onto a piece of card with Versafine which I then embossed with clear powder.

I coloured this one in, again with Distress Ink. I used a ball tool to shape the edges and added some foam pads to the back to give a bit of depth. I glued around the edge of the lightbulb and placed it on the card. I used the chain stamp from Small Graph Paper set to "hang" the lightbulbs.




Thanks for looking

Sandra x

4 comments:

  1. Lovely cards and I especially like the colours on the second one x

    ReplyDelete
  2. That first one looks terrific Sandra and the alliums masked as a group look great, and your coordinating paper for the vase is fantastic..I love it, and the second with that bright background and light bulbs which look as thought they were coloured over to push them back and to give your added pretty coloured and shaped bulb hanging on the chain centre stage, and a lovely sentiment too. Fantastic results! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What Super cards, beautiful colours and designs, love the lightbulb sentiment.
    Faith x

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW!! Two fab creations, I just LOVE especially the first card! Really a lot of masking, a technique that I rarely use. The vase pattern is delightful and your work looks really amazing!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!