Pin It button on image hover

Wednesday 21 October 2020

The Kiss (by Christine)

 

Hello everyone!

I'm back with my second blog post for October. The stamp set of choice is the stunning The Folk Art Garden set.

I used the largest stamp from the set in the centre of a 5" square card and then added some of the smaller stamps around the edge for extra detail.


I used a variety of transluscent and metallic paints to colour the images, taking care not to move around the images so that the paint could dry properly in each area.

 


I could have stopped there but I had in mind a fantastic painting - The Kiss- by Gustav Klimt, which is one of my all time favourite works of art. I am lucky enough to have seen the original; it's incredibly vibrant and rich, using oils and gold leaf. In my more modest piece, I simply covered the white space with gold metallic paint.


Like my last post, this card takes some time to create, but if you need a special one, this could be the approach. It would look equally good framed as wall art.

 

Happy crafting!

 

Christine

xx

5 comments:

  1. Very pretty. Colouring this must have kept you occupied for hours x

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow gorgeous piece of work xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love Klimt style, he's one of my fav painter and this card looks just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous Christine, so bright and beautiful, especially using the metallic paints. x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!