Pin It button on image hover

Wednesday 28 October 2020

Keeping it Simple (by Christine)

 

Hello everyone. This is my final turn on the blog for this year.

The cards in my first two blog posts took some time to create so this time, I decided on a simple but elegant example. I also wanted to use some of the lovely dies I have in my stash to enhance the stamping.

The stamps I am using are from the beautiful Shared Beauty set.

I used octagonal dies to create my first layer. I had just received some red cardstock and thought the colour perfect for what I wanted to achieve.

Two circular dies, one very decorative, created my next layer. I then stamped the image with Versafine Clair Nocturne and used clear embossing powder to give it shine and impact against the matt red card. I used adhesive foam to attach it to give the card depth. I decided against adding a sentiment, but it would be easy to add an appropriate one when the need arises.

Originally, I had stamped the image in red and then embossed it but the shade of red just didn't work with the red card, so I had a spare image to use. I also had a circular frame cut in white card from the original piece of work, so it was obvious to use the two together. On the theme of keeping it simple, I added some white pigment ink to black card using the circles stencil from the Chocolate Baroque Strip Stencil - Collection 1 set and then positioned the stamped image in the centre. I added one of the sentiments to the card as a finishing touch.

Quick, simple, but I think effective.

Take care, stay well and see you the next time.

Happy crafting!

Christine.


4 comments:

  1. 2 stunning cards, love them both xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two very effective cards, love the colours combo, so impressive!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning and very different cards.
    Faith x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both beautiful Christine and the die you have used shows off the Shared Beauty flower really well, and the second with the flower in red contrast wonderfully against the black with white bokeh background. Thanks for the brilliant inspiration and look forward to seeing more of your work in the new year. x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!