Pin It button on image hover

Thursday 22 April 2021

All things bright and beautiful (by rachel)

 Hello there! Rachel here today with some more makes from Lesley's March shows. 

In this first sample I really wanted to use colour - the background of the tag was paint brayered onto to a gessoed greyboard piece - the topper was simply stamped Garden Lace scene onto smooth card) in black and coloured in using watercolour brush pens.

For this simple card I stamped the arched landscape image in black ink then set with colourless embossing powder before again colouring using watercolour brush pens. 

For this third make I used the landscape collage image and stamped it on smooth card and set with clear embossing powder. Next I coloured it in more subtley using translucent paints. I then fussy cut the image. I used the same translucent paints to create the colour in the background, drying between colours to prevent muddying. I also added background stamping in orange ink.


I hope I have given you a few more ideas of ways to use your stamps.
Big hugs
Rachel x


4 comments:

  1. Three beautiful cards Rachel and with lots of orange which really makes the scenes feel hot and summery and all so prettily coloured and love the background on the last...such wonderful inspiration. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful cards! Love the translucent effect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. All gorgeous and I epecially like the last card, great layout and superb colours x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!