Pin It button on image hover

Thursday 15 April 2021

Pretty Song Thrush

Hello I'm sharing more of my samples from the March show on Hochanda (now known as The Craft Store).

My first cards are made using the  Song Thrush set.  

This card uses soft blues and yellows. I used Archival ink and watercolour pencils and left a lot of the area white. I have mat and layered onto toning card.


The second card, in contrast, uses vibrant orange, yellow and black. 

I used a technique called Joseph's Coat. 
*I used a blending tool to add areas of colour all over my base card - I used Distress Inks. 
*When it was dry, I stamped  the Song Thrush with VersaMark and heat embossed with clear powder.  
*I then covered with black ink and buffed it off with paper towel to reveal the colours below the embossing. 
* I mat and layered some Chocolate Baroque papers onto a Gatefold card base and added the Song Thrush to the front. 
(Remember to only put glue on the one side or you won't be able to open your card!)


Thanks for looking

Sandra x

4 comments:

  1. Great samples to use this stamp! I have it just now on my desk and I'm thinking what I could do with it :) Thanks for the inspirations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a lovely stamp with such beautiful colours, gorgeous cards.
    Faith x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two totally different but beautiful looks using the Song Thrush stamp Sandra, and love the softer colour and beautiful coordinating mats framing the first and the really vivid colour on the second...I love the papers and the Joseph's Coat technique is really striking for the stamped layer on this gatefold card. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous samples. I love the orangy red one x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!