Pin It button on image hover

Saturday 24 April 2021

Florals in Reds and Golds (by Judith)

Hello everyone, I have a few more projects to share with you, featuring stamps from last month's TV shows. 

My first card was created using a Brusho background, I have lots of these in my stash, waiting to be used when I need them. I make a batch in lots of different colours, which I can pull out when I need them in a hurry. Very handy when I am making DT samples!

I stamped a leafy sprig from the Autumn Poppy stamp set randomly over the background. It is not an exact match to the main image, but is close enough. I coloured the image with pencils, choosing a lovely olive green and soft red.

I die cut an oval and stamped the Flora Musica image, adding a bit of Distress Ink around the edges to soften the whiteness of the card. I coloured the image with pencils once more, coordinating with the colours of the background. I chose some toning ribbons to pull the project together. 

To create my second project I made a wrinkle free distress background, using Distress Inks on a craft mat, which I mopped up with a piece of drawing cartridge. I stamped around the edges with the Large Crackle Background, and added the splatter stamp from the Timeless stamp set. 

I die cut a rectangle and stamped the Crackling Rose which I coloured with pencils. The sentiment comes from the Life is so much Better stamp set.



The stamp from my final card was not actually featured on the show Song Thrush, its silhouette companion made an appearance. I made this card and so will share it as you could create something very similar. I used a tea stained background, and stamped a leafy image from Brocade Backgrounds over the top.

I stamped the main image twice, and coloured the images with pencils. I decoupaged some of the flowers before matting the layers onto brown card. The sentiment once more is taken from Life is so much Better

I had so much fun this month working with a lot of these older stamps. For some of you they will be brand new. It was great to revisit the images and get to use them again, mixing them with newer stamps that were not around when the stamps first came out. I hope that you have seen lots of inspiration from the rest of the Design Team as well. 

Thanks for stopping by, stay safe and take care,


Judith xx

4 comments:

  1. OH! I really, really love those stamps and your inspirational cards.
    Faith x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Three very sweet cards with amazing colours, full of interesting details! Thanks for the inspirations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Three gorgeous cards beautifully coloured images and such interesting and colourful backgrounds Judith. It is great to see some of the older images used too remind us of how beautiful they all are. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous cards and such pretty backgrounds too x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!