Pin It button on image hover

Wednesday 21 April 2021

Gentle butterflies (by Carole)

Hello again. 

For my second GDT post I have used the Floral Clock stamp with my favourite colours. Very difficult sometimetimes to get out of my comfort zone with colours, although it does happen occasionally. 

Stamps used:- Floral Clock, Harebell Butterfly, words from Parsley Clock

25cm frame which I had in my stash, just the right size!

The background is done with Distress Inks and spritzed. I love the unpredictability of the backgrounds you get with this technique.

Floral Clock was then over stamped in black and several spare butterflies stamped onto card scraps and cut out.

When this was dry it was mounted onto a piece of card with a thin border.

The other harebells from Harebell Butterfly were then over stamped across the bottom and lightly coloured.

The saying is very poignant to me recently and I feel it goes well with the soft blues.

Hope you have enjoyed my project and I shall be back with my final sample next week.

Stay safe everyone and happy crafting.

Carole.



4 comments:

  1. OH! This is absolutely beautiful, love the blues and the butterflies and the sentiment.
    Faith x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a soft and pretty blue Carole and love the extra stamping and butterflies. A brilliant card. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing monochromatic card, love the soft blues and those sweet butterflies around the clock!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely gorgeous! This is one of my favourite CB stamps that's still on my wish list. I love the way that you've done it here in monochromatic colour x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!