Today I want to show you how easy it is to create a rainbow landscape using Dylusions Ink Sprays and the Sketchy Doodle Landscape stamp set.
- To create the background spritz a selection of Dylusions Sprays randomly across a sheet of A4 160gsm white paper/card. (I used Bubblegum Pink, Calypso Teal, Lemon Zest and Cut Grass). Dry each colour with a heat gun before spraying the next. This gives a layered effect and provides you with more control over the blending of the colours. Once finished allow to dry completely.
- Using a Versafine Onyx Black inkpad stamp the landscape scene on the background paper. Then ink the individual flowers and stamp on different coloured areas of the background paper. You will need five flowers. Finally, ink up one of the trees and once again stamp onto the paper.
- Cut out the flowers and tree. Crimp the edges of the flowers with your fingers to give a crinkled appearance. Curve the tree slightly to add dimension.
- Cut out the landscape and attach to a piece of dictionary paper using 3d foam pads. Add the flowers and tree using silicone glue or glue gel. Trim the dictionary paper to suit your frame, which can either be left its natural colour or stained with Brushos or spray inks.
- Finally, fix the landscape into the frame.
Colouring an A4 piece of paper is a quick way to create a background which can have a variety of uses, including die cutting and stamping. Why not try stamping over it with a selection of the Sketchy Doodles Flowers which you can then cut out and use for embellishments. Or die cut a selection of shapes which you can use for sentiments. And always make a batch of backgrounds in one go, that way you will have a good selection to choose from. After all, if you're going to get inky you might as well make it worth while!
Thanks for looking and don't forget that there is a new project every day created by one of the talented Design Team girls.