Good afternoon everyone, Claire here with a canvas made using some of this months new releases. I've used some of the flowers, leaves and dragonfly from Sketchy Doodle Landscapes and had a lot of inky fun creating this project.
I began by spraying the canvas with some spray inks (I used glimmer mists but you could use dylusions or even have a play with brushos for this effect) in shades of green, blue and purple and left it to dry. While it was drying I took some squares and rectangles of plastic from my stash and coloured with alcohol inks in toning shades. I also coloured some acetate with alcohol inks and once that was dry turned it over, dusted with an anti-static bag and then I stamped the flowers, leaves and dragonfly with versamark. I embossed with gold embossing powder and then cut them all out.
To assemble my canvas I used PVA glue to adhere the plastic squares and dragonfly to the background. To fiive the flowers a bit of dimension, I created little 'n' shaped pieces of acetate and used them to pop the flower up, this gives the flowers some movement and also lets light through through acetate to make the colours pop.
Thanks for visting today