Pin It button on image hover

Saturday 6 May 2017

Distress Ink Cards (by Judith)

Hello everyone, I have two cards to share with you today, showcasing the Spring Fairy Collection stamp plates, which were featured on the recent TV Shows on Hochanda. My cards both started off in the same way, with a Distress Ink background, and I then chose which stamps I wanted to use to complete the cards.

For the first card, I decided to create a very clean and simple style card, choosing fresh blues and greens for the background. I stamped the little bird image onto the card, and then I masked the bird itself, before adding extra stamping using the foliage part of the same stamp repeatedly across the bottom of the card.

I added some colour to the images with water based markers. I added a sentiment from the Words to Dazzle and Sparkle stamp set, using dark brown ink, and edged the background using the same ink, before adhering the background to a large card blank.

For my second card, I chose a selection of images from the Spring Foliage, and Silhouette Grasses stamp plates, and using a selection of ink colours, I built up a scene on my Distress Ink background. I stuck to a palette of greens and purples, creating a balanced effect. I added a silhoueete fairy and butterfly from the Spring Fairy Collection, plus the large 'Spring' from the stamp plate. Finally, I added some sparkle to the wings using a clear glitter pen.

Thanks for stopping by, Judith xx

10 comments:

  1. Two lovely cards and I especially like the different backgrounds. The little bird on the first one looks so sweet and collection of flowers on the second look superb. Sandra x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing cards! Love the scenes you have created and the fab colours!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both of them very beautiful...xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Two gorgeous backgrounds Judith which make the perfect foil for the beautiful silhouette stamping, I really love the two different colour combinations too. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. What beautiful cards Judith, fabulous inking and composition, such lovely images, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card Judith. Love everything about it. Thank you for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the beautiful colours you've used on these, that second one brings to mind encaustic art work with the foreground foliage :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful cards. Especially love the background on the first one, the blue for the sky and the green for the grass just merge perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Both so dreamy and beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!