Pin It button on image hover

Saturday 20 May 2017

fantasy castle (by Veronica)

The second of my samples for the shows last month uses one of the lovely images from the fantasy castles set of stamps - I have to admit these were far more my scene than the fairies!
This started out as playing with distress oxide ink pads on white card, without any idea where I was going. I thought that the palace stamp would fit, as it looked as if it was on a shore, and I already had a watery effect at the base of my very rough landscape. I stamped it with black versafine and clear embossed it before adding colour with brusho powders and watercolour pencils. The palace was stamped onto acetate with the versafine, turned over and  matched up with the original, rubbed firmly to transfer the image onto the watery area. It didn't transfer cleanly, but that didn't matter.
I added foliage from the tranquility stamp set using first and second generation stamping to frame the scene and give an impression of depth - it also toned down the rather bright sky!

8 comments:

  1. I love the gentle reflection on here and the sky looks amazing, such a great colour palette too. Sandra x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have just got these stamps this week so looking forward to playing with them. Love the colours that you have used. A really lovely card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This has a really magical feel Veronica and I adore the colours and the way you have framed it with the foliage, and then the wonderful reflections in the water. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my!!! This magical scene is just stunning and amazing!! Fabulous!!! Love very much any detail, fantastic colours and stamps and the mirroring in the water is very realistic and just perfect!! A truly masterpiece!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You've achieved a GORGEOUS scene.
    Faith
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh just so beautiful Veronica, lovely image and colours, I love how you've added the reflection of the castle, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is beautiful. Thank you so much for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!