Pin It button on image hover

Saturday 27 May 2017

Magical Fairies (by Julie)

Hi there! Today I have my last two cards for this month and they are both Fairy designs.


My first card is stamped with  April Fairy and to start off I stamped Pegasus towards the top of the card with Onyx Black Versafine and then with a mask I created from a circle die cut, coloured in the moon with Distress inks. The background was created with a wide brush and water colour inks, so I blotted out the colour with a wet wipe where I wanted to stamp the fairy and once dried stamped her with grey permanent ink, before colouring with brush markers. I inked up the leaves of the little bird design with Olympia Green Versafine and stamped around the edge and then finished off with acrylic pen dots and Crystal Stickles.


This second card is stamped with the March Fairy designs. I stamped the fairy with grey permanent ink onto watercolour card and also stamped a second image onto copier paper to create a mask. Cut the mask out and place over the fairy. Once in place spritz the card with green and yellow spray inks and then remove the mask. Once dry colour the fairy with brush markers. I have used the butterflies from both the March and April Fairies to create the background. Just stamp a few of the butterflies onto spare card, colour with Distress inks then cut out and adhere with 3d glue gel. The edge of the design has been sponged with white gesso and once dry, coloured with Distress inks. To finish off I mounted the panel onto a white card base.

Thank you for stopping by and please call back tomorrow for some more Design Team inspiration.

Julie xx

3 comments:

  1. Adorable both your cards, love expecially the second one with that amazing background!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two very beautiful cards Julie, wonderfully coloured and designed, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two very pretty cards Julie and the colouring looks great on both. x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!