Pin It button on image hover

Thursday 18 May 2017

Little Flowers (by Judith)

Hello everyone, the weather is so changeable at the moment, but hopefully like us, you have been getting some much needed water for your gardens. Our flowers have certainly needed a good watering, which brings me onto the subject of my blog post today. I have created floral projects for your inspiration, using stamps from the Spring Fairy Collection stamp set. I like to use the often disregarded smaller stamps from a stamp plate to create all occasion cards, and these cards are no exception.

For my first card, I used the same stamp to create both the background, and main image for the card. You might have seen this card on the April TV shows on Hochanda. I stamped the image using Versamark and white embossing powder randomly over a kraft background, and then heat set the images with a heat gun. I coloured the images with water based markers and a water brush.

I stamped the main image onto a piece of die cut smooth watercolour paper, inking the egdes of the background with Distress Ink whilst the die was still in place, so that there would be a white border around the oval. I coloured the image with water based markers. I punched two holes through the oval, and threaded the ribbn through the holes from the back, so that I could tie a bow at the front. I left two longer pieces behind the card, which I adhered to the kraft background, as I stuck the main image down. I coloured the ribbon with Distress Ink and water, so that I had a good match to the colours that I had used in my project.

For my second card, I cut a strip of smooth watercolour card, and coloured it using three different colours of Distress Inks, blending them where they met. I stamped the flower image, graduating the height of the flower across the background. I added a couple of butterflies from the same stamp set, and a sentiment from the Words to Dazzle and Sparkle stamp set. Finally, I mounted the background onto a black card blank.

I will be back later in the month with some more projects for you, but do keep visiting the blog for more fabulous projects from my Team Mates.

Thanks for stopping by, Judith xx


5 comments:

  1. Two lovely cards. I especially like the background flowers on the first one and it's all so perfectly co-ordinated. The background on your second card is blended beautifully, great colours too. Sandra x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous creations Judith and the white embossed flowers on kraft card with the soft lemon tones and the topper with complementary colours and a great idea to thread the ribbon through to tie on the topper, and then the bright blended background of the second with the pretty stylised silhouette flowers and love the way you have varied the height of them, and finished perfectly with the silhouette butterflies. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two beautiful creations, love the embossed white flowers of the first card and the fab colours of the background on the second one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, both beautiful! The first is my favorite; it looks so fresh!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!