Pin It button on image hover

Sunday 7 May 2017

Welcome to Fairyland (posted by Claire)

Good morning folks, today I'm sharing one of the samples I made for Lesley's Spring Fairy shows on Hochanda. I love all the gorgeous stamps in the Chocolate Baroque range but I have to confess that the fairy stamps are a particular favourite so I really enjoyed making this project.


I began with some corrugated card, misted with water to remove the top laer and then applied white gesso roughly to the surface. Once that was dry I dripped acrylic paint in shades of blue and green here and there. To make the scene I stamped the two castles with black Stazon (the top one is from Magical Landscapes and the bottom one from Fantasy Castles). Next I painted in the background quite loosely using watered down acrylic paint, blotting the sky with a tissue to life some paint and create a cloudy effect. To make the waterfall I just continued straight down where the stamped image ends and added a mix of blue and green paint. Once that was all dry I added detail to the scene with coloured pencils and used a white pen to add detail to the waterfall. 


Next I stamped the fairy (from May Fairy and Pegasus (from April Fairy) and glittered the wings with some glamour dust. I glued the scene to the card and added some ribbon and embellishments to finish off. 

I hope you're enjoying the Spring Fairies as much as we are. Thanks for visiting today
Claire xx

6 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous Claire and the waterfall looks absolutely stunning! You've created a superb scene and I really like your use of the corrugated cardboard too. Happy crafting, Sandra x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is brilliant Claire. Greats idea with the card. I have a box that I can cut up but keep debating what today with it. Thank you for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow wow wow!!! Such a wonderful and magical scene you have created by a corrugate cardboard!! Amazing all the colours and details! Your waterfall seems really true!! A masterpiece!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a magical scene Claire using the new fairies and love the colours. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Saw it on the show; what a beautiful big scene!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous - love that waterfall.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!