Pin It button on image hover

Monday 12 June 2017

Bold Butterfly (by Asha)

Good morning, friends. I'm back with another butterfly project for you. This time around I made a one-layer birthday card.

I started by heat embossing the largest butterfly from the Patchwork Butterfly A4 sheet with WOW Gold Rich EP directly onto the card base. The I added colour to it using Distress Inks: Barn Door, Mustard Seed, Wild Honey and Squeezed Lemonade.

Next, I worked on the background by blending Distress Inks in shades of green: Crushed Olive, Mowed Lawn, Peeled Paint and Pine Needles. Then I sprinkled some watered down Dina Wakley White Gesso to add interest to the background. I also added random blobs of Icicle Stickles for a touch of magic.

And finally, the greeting from Words To Dazzle and Sparkle stamped with Versafine Onyx Black.


As always, I have details of the tools and products used on my blog. Thank you for stopping by and drop in soon for more designs by the team.

Beijinhos,
Asha

10 comments:

  1. Very pretty, looks almost translucent.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous. I really like the idea of not using the whole butterfly and the colours work so well.
    X

    ReplyDelete
  3. I adore the colour combination Asha and the beautiful butterfly shines brightly. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Zo sunny, somerly and beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous butterfly and love the colours, so vibrant, translucent and magical!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely stunning butterfly Asha and wonderful colours, Kate x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!