Pin It button on image hover

Wednesday 25 July 2018

Cacti in the Sunset - by Penny


Goodly morning lovely peeps, it's Penny here again with some more craftiness to share with you.  I think this card is especially suitable to the weather we've been enjoying lately, it captures the feel of hot,dry weather.  I also wanted to create a 'mock Terrarium' - we used to have one at home.  
For this project I have used stamps from the Srumptious Succulents set, Distress Inks, Versamark Ink, gold EP, gold gilding wax and an embossing folder from my stash.



To begin this project I stamped the two 'low' succulents in Versafine ink onto cartridge paper and embossed them in gold.  I then masked them and stamped and embossed two cacti images in the same way and masked them.  I created the background by blending inks onto the card.



When everything was dry I removed the masks and painted the images with DIs.  I matted the panel onto dark card then attached it to the base card.  I created the terrarium using strips of black card which I embossed and gilded, and acetate.  I used red liner tape to attach it to the card.   I then  created a sentiment panel in the same way as the background and attached that to the card.
  


Thank you all for dropping in today and reading my post.  If you'd like more details and pictures of this project then check out my blog.  I shall be back next month with more creations to show and hopefully inspire you,


                                                          x  Penny  x

5 comments:

  1. Stunning project, fab colours and technique!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This so pretty and a very clever idea to put the beautifully coloured cacti and succulents behind the curved acetate to make the terrarium Penny, and adore tbe black embossed and gilded edges too. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely beautiful, wonderful design and colours Penny, Kate x x

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW these are stunning Penny.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!